Your Best Medicine Gives You Results
At Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, our expertly trained and certified laboratory technologists use the latest and most advanced equipment to ensure accurate diagnostic laboratory reports for outpatients in a convenient walk-up facility. Upon receipt of a referral from your physician, one of our coordinators will call the patient to schedule your appointment.
Laboratory services include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Free T4
- Lipid Panel
- Protime (INR)
- Hemoglobin A1C
- And more
What age groups do you serve through the laboratory?
- We serve patients from 13 years old throughout adulthood.
- Patients 12 and under are suggested to go to Progress West Hospital's outpatient lab.
- If you have questions, please call the lab at 636.916.9454.
Why Choose Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital?
- Reduced turnaround time for results to be reported to your physician.
- Immediate access by the physician to your lab reports at any hour.
- Patient privacy through secure computer lines.
- Accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
Where to go for outpatient laboratory tests:
- Go to the main hospital doors during normal business hours, or enter through the emergency room afterhours.
- Check-in with registration.
- You will be directed by registration where to report for your lab tests.
What should you bring to the lab?
- If your physician has access to EPIC, your lab tests will be ordered through this system.
- If your physician is not on EPIC, you will need to bring a requisition form with you.
Special Instructions for patients needing lab tests:
- Your physician will tell you whether to fast or not.
- Any other special instructions regarding you test will be provided by your physician.
- If the test is a 24 hour collection test and your physician has not provided a container, then you must come by the outpatient lab to pick up the container. You will register for the lab test once the collection is complete.
Where do laboratory results appear?
- Results will appear in MyChart.
- Results will be sent to your physician.