Your Best Medicine Gives You Results
At Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, our expertly trained and certified laboratory technologists use the latest and most advanced equipment to ensure accurate diagnostic laboratory reports for outpatients in a convenient walk-up facility. The lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologist (CAP) and we have Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) license from CMS. Our experts offer many specialized laboratory services, which include:
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP)
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Free T4
- Lipid Panel
- Protime (INR)
- Hemoglobin A1C
- And more
What age groups do you serve through the laboratory?
- We serve patients from 13 years old throughout adulthood.
- Patients 12 and under are suggested to go to Progress West Hospital's outpatient lab.
- If you have questions, please call the lab at 363.916.9454.
Advantages of using our outpatient laboratory:
- Reduced turnaround time for results to be reported to your physician.
- Immediate access by the physician an any hour to your lab reports.
- Patient privacy through secure computer lines.
Where to go for outpatient laboratory tests:
- Go to the main hospital doors during normal business hours, or enter through the emergency room afterhours.
- Check-in with registration.
- You will be directed by registration where to report for your lab tests.
What should you bring to the lab?
- If your physician has access to EPIC, your lab tests will be ordered through this system.
- If your physician is not on EPIC, you will need to bring a requisition form with you.
Special Instructions for patients needing lab tests:
- Your physician will tell you whether to fast or not.
- Any other special instructions regarding you test will be provided by your physician.
- If the test is a 24 hour collection test and your physician has not provided a container, then you must come by the outpatient lab to pick up the container. You will register for the lab test once the collection is complete.
Where do laboratory results appear?
- Results will appear in MyChart.
- Results will be sent to your physician.