When a procedure or illness requires an overnight stay, the physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital are committed to giving you an excellent experience. When preparing for an inpatient stay, there are a few things to know before you arrive.
What to bring with you:
- Medications in original labeled containers
- Current insurance card(s), including Medicare and Medicaid
- Valid picture ID (driver's license, passport or other identification with your photo)
- Contact lenses or glasses case
- Loose-fitting, comfortable clothing, especially if you are having surgery
What not to bring:
- Jewelry or other valuables
- Luggage and other large personal belongings
It is also recommended to have someone available to drive you home after your procedure or overnight stay.
In most cases, you will be given specific registration instructions when you make your appointment. For some scheduled procedures, you may be able to pre-register, to expedite the process on the day of your visit. Your length of stay will be determined by your care team.
Inpatient and Outpatient Services
Several services have separate registration within their departments. Please clarify when scheduling your procedure.