A Unique Partnership
The Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital established the Patient and Family Advisory Council in 2008 to enhance the patient and family experience by providing a voice in shaping the delivery of cancer care in our community.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council consists of 18 patient and family members and nine staff liaisons working together to discuss the patient/family experience. We represent a diverse population of age, gender and cultural backgrounds. Together we listen, communicate, plan and develop responsive services. By partnering with Siteman’s team of experts, we help transform the health care experience. We expand our vision by seeing through the eyes of the people we serve.
To learn more about becoming a member, speak to your health care team at the Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital or contact the Patient and Family Advisory Council coordinator at 636.916.9974.
To partner with the Siteman Cancer Center team as dedicated advocates by serving as a voice for patients and families through the cancer journey
To be the transformational force in the evolution and advancement of compassionate community-based cancer care
To foster a healthcare environment that is accessible, supportive and responsive to the emotional, spiritual and physical needs of patients and their families. We achieve this by:
Learn about the Patient and Family Advisory Council at Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital >
- Demonstrating mutual respect and open communication
- Recognizing patients and family members as essential participants of the healthcare team
- Seeking to understand and involve the patient and family member’s perspective into decision making
- Developing patient and family education and communication materials
- Generating new program ideas to benefit patients, family members and caregivers
- Promoting awareness of opportunities and key resources that will help patients and family members navigate through the system and determine the best role in participating in their healthcare
For Patient and Family Advisory Council Members Only