The 19,500-square-foot facility offers surgical, medical and radiation oncology care; cancer education, screening and support programs; and access to leading-edge clinical research studies at Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM).
Being a partnership between Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and WUSM, the Siteman Cancer Center combines the patient-friendly benefits of a community hospital with the expertise of a nationally renowned cancer center and medical school, thus offering the community access to the most advanced treatment options and technology in the region.
The Center combines high-quality, personalized care with the latest technology and treatments. The free-standing facility, just south of the main hospital, features:
- Ample free parking right outside the door
- On-site registration
- On-site lab testing
- Eight exam rooms
- Eleven infusion chairs, two of them in semi-private rooms
- A garden visible from the infusion area's floor-to-ceiling windows; this Garden of Hope was built with a donation from the Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital Auxiliary and many generous community members
- A Cancer Education Center with literature and a computer for online information-gathering
- Internet access for patients, families and visitors
- Oncology data management software that provides an integrated, paperless system for registration, scheduling, billing, digital image retrieval, lab reporting, order entry and charting
- Multi-disciplinary consultations